We run many educational events locally, nationally, and internationally. In Our Sports Injury Training Programme we cover the following subjects:
- Basic Science
- Injury prevention
- Health promotion
- Drugs in sports
- How to deal with specific emergencies
- Psychosocial Aspects of Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Specific Injuries and their Diagnosis and Treatment
- Investigations and procedures
- Women in sport
- Disabled sport
- Sport in specific Groups including Children/Adolescents/Effects of Ageing
At the end of the programme, the participants will have:
- Increased knowledge and awareness of diagnosing sports related injuries and the capability to handle crisis situations.
- Increased knowledge on health promotion.
- Increased knowledge on drugs in sports.
- Knowledge of the challenges facing the public health sector related to sports injury treatment including policy implementation.
- Awareness of the ageing population and impact on health.
- Awareness of injuries and prevention in all groups including Children/ Adolescents.
- Enable doctors to establish injury prevention routines.